Saturday 23 February, 2008

Cheering myself up...


Dear Blog,

Yesterday I got too stressed which is still lingering on. Apart from that I have to work this Sunday and my laptop is not working. I called up Dell only to be told to call again on Monday as they are closed over the weekend. How I wish everyone in this world including me got his or her weekends off. And to boot I am not feeling well, seems like a cold is coming and a stye on as well. When I was younger and sillier I used to sulk and wait for someone to cheer me up. But now I am more mature and definitely more cynical and know that I need to cheer myself up. But the problem is how to cheer myself up. I am not in the mood for most of the things. Ok let me think positive and think about 5/6 good/interesting things that are happening in my life right now. These reminders should help—

Reading—I know I keep boring you about how much I love reading. But this is something so essential to me that I can’t refrain from talking about it. Right now I am reading 'Pundits from Pakistan: On Tour with India 2003-04' by Rahul Bhattacharya. It is about the tour of Indian cricket team to Pakistan. Now I am not one of those cricket bluffs. I sometimes watch final matches just for fun. I started to read this book because it is about fascinating Pakistan and I love reading travelogues. I am midway through this book and so far it is proved to be a really interesting one, even the cricket bits! And the best bit is that I nipped this book from my cousin's book shelf when I went to Jaipur. I think it belongs to one of his friends. I dont think either of them are getting this back.
And hey I checked this book's review and it seems this is a much awaited one and a winner. Trust me to pick up this one. But it is a great read even for a non cricket fan like me.
Amitava Ghosh's 'In An Antiquated Land' is waiting for me after this.

Music-- Till my laptop broke down this morning, (Suchismita concentrate on the positive bit) I have been listening to this mp3 my friend has given me with fantastic compilation of Bangla rock songs. Ever since I got this about 2 months back I have been listening continuously to it. Last night I fell asleep with this cd playing and I was waking up at intervals only to soothed back to sleep by the music. Everytime I listen to this music I am transported back to Kolkata to those heady college days. Wafting in nostalgia sure feels good.

Social Networking--I have recently logged onto Facebook. I have been in Orkut for almost two years but I have been resisting getting into other social networks because these take up way too much time. But lots of folks in my office are in it so I thought what the heck lemme also try it. The idea of missing out anything definitely rankles, so Facebook I have arrived. What a cool place this is. I am adding applications like mad, even though I haven’t had the time to understand or decipher half of them.

Weekend plans--Today I am planning to go see a movie and also have tea (a la English way with biscuits) with a friend.

Eating--I have not been having chicken in deference to the bird flu doing rounds; much to the amusement of my friends who claim bird flu has long gone and to begin with had never reached Delhi. But my logic is you never know when a poultry hen can fly from Bengal to Delhi. After all I landed up from Kolkata to Delhi! Well to get back to eating, yesterday I broke my self-imposed ban and picked up some Chinese chat from Golden Bakery in Lajpat Nagar. This Chinese chat is a new concept doing rounds in Delhi. It is pretty ok once in a while but they should cut down on the oil.

Shopping—Thursday evening Jayshree (she has been introduced previously) and me, we went shopping in CP. I picked up a nice denim skirt for summer, some bangles (bangle shops behind Hanuman Mandir are awesome…great variety at cheap price…this is a must go for bangle lovers like Anubha) and some dry flowers and cane stuff. I am planning to varnish the cane stuff to give them an extra glow. Lets see when I get the time.

Blogging—How can I forget blogging…I am writing pretty regularly and I really enjoy it. This is helping me clear m head. And then someone leaves a comment and it feels real good. One of my friends told me that she reads all my posts but never goes around to commenting. Never mind any kind of good feedback is welcome. Hope you are reading this one also Smriti.
Gift-- Anant my friend and colleague and the champion of Tibetan rights has very sweetly just now given me this beautiful wall hanging depicting the 8 lucky Tibetan signs. According to him this is a precious gift and it took him 4 years to be associated with the movement to get it. Everyone in the office admired it and all were asking for it but I got it. Thanks Anant, you definitely helped my mood.

Ok so I do have some good things happening in life. Cheer up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there, thanks for your comment, let me take a peek and I will soon post it. Cheers!