Sunday 25 January, 2009

Bedtime...


Can you believe it is just nine mminutes past eleven and everyone in my home is already asleep! I mean this used to happen before electricity came to India! But now, in today's Kolkata it is unthinkable. It is Sunday night, tomorrow is a holiday due to the 59th Republic Day of India and here I am at a loose end. Dont know how to entertain myself. Tried watching television, it is airing all bogus stuff....I somehow think on Sunday everyone working in television and radio channels slots some old reruns and just goes home. Time and again I have seen that Sunday evenings all old reruns are being aired.
Right now reading Jhumpa Lahiri's Unaccustomed Earth...not liking it much...so far read three of the short stories...did not even make out the last one...where there are two characters called Amit and his wife Megan or someone....never before has Lahiri has bored me like this...

There is some pending work which I should be finishing off, but not in the mood. Even that would not take more than 10 minutes. Do not want to watch any movie on the net. I have seen in times like these I never remember anything exciting to do. Yet when I am busy and have to finish some deadline or the other, there are so many other things that I want to do-- read up something on the net, search out some article, do something creative. But now, no now I wont be remembering anything worthwhile or exciting. My memory has always been a traitor in that sense.
One option is to stop boring all of you, shutting my computer and just being a good girl and going to sleep. Dont remember the last time I slept this early. Maybe when I was in daipers. Sleep at 11.40 is not going to come. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there, thanks for your comment, let me take a peek and I will soon post it. Cheers!